Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1952 Pontiac with an Automatic Transmission. I need to replace the Ring Gear on the flywheel. The Torque Converter is bolted to the flywheel with about 40 bolts. I think that there is a gasket between the converter and the flywheel. I need to know if there is a gasket and also where I can get one. I also need to know where I can find the ring gear.

Thanks Bob

·
Administrator
9,813 Posts
there will be a gasket or a rubber O ring on the converter.

A supplier of old tranny parts is Fatsco in New york ( If I remember)

Fatsco.com may be the web site.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
That's a dual range Hydramatic, the same one that all the gasser drag racers converted to Hydros in the 60s. The can is covering a fluid coupling, not a torque converter. They are quite different in operation. There is a paper gasket that must be replaced every time you open the can.

Call Transmatic in LA, 818-246-7788 for all the parts you need. Another source is John Kilgore, 412 S San Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA 91502, 818-843-7180.

·
Administrator
9,813 Posts
Good ol John Kilgore. A sharp fellow.

I bought my first stall speed converter from John in the early 1970's. It blew up internally as I pulled into the drive of my house.

I bought my second converter from a local Phoenix company... Hughes Machine , now known as Hughes Performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts