Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
My wife and I bought a 1955 ford p/u it runs but it came with a note saying"overdrive won't work don't pull Handel It may be electrical"
Where can I find drawings and directions on how the overdrive works? I would like to repair it without replacing all the parts. Thanks Dave

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.......this is the Introduction forum...It would be best if you asked that question in the Transmission forum. That way the guys with the answers will see it. Thanks. :welcome:

·
Registered
585 Posts
try google. Look for a 54-56 ford truck club. Those guys will be all on top of that stuff. I have some info on 52-54 cars O/D. It should be very similar,I'll try to scan in and post later today or tomorrow.Brian :welcome:

·
Registered
585 Posts

This is out of the 52-54 ford service manual. Don't know if it's exactly what your looking for??But you can print it and go out to the truck and see if the circuits match up. Hope this helps!! :D Brian

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey Dave let me know if it was correct. Since this was for car application and not quite the right year?? I do know alot of stuff didn't change through the years. Like the power steering that was on the 54 ford was essentially the same as what was on early mustangs 641/2 through 72. And I'm sure other applications as well. Any way I hope it gets you in the right direction. :thumbup: Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do Brian. I have my plate rather full,I started a Model A P/U project last year and its moving along pretty well but not near finished, still needs paint and wires. My wife found the 1955 two weeks ago and we started the clean-up and thats when we realized that the overdrive wont work. The truck runs just fine but its wound out at 50 mph. I also found in my library an old Chilton book that was some help.
Dave

·
Registered
585 Posts
can you start a Photo journal on here so we can follow along with the build?? Is your model A gonna be a stocker or custom?? :cool: Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts