Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to finish up my 1956 Chevrolet Wagon. As my husband was taking it to the guy's shop to finish up some small details, the spider gear broke.

We are looking for the cheapest place to buy the pumpkin (third member) for a 1956 Chevrolet Wagon. Preferably in the 3.36 or lower. Thanks for any info.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
3.36 was pretty much the standard rear in these cars. You should be able to find one in a wrecking yard. 55-64 full size Chevys all used the same pumpkin...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
1956 chevy wagon rear end

I was just looking back at some of the old threads and saw this one. I am currently swapping out my 56 Nomad rear end with a 1980 T/A 3.42 posi rear end with disc brakes.
I still have the rear end. Are you still looking for one. (or parts for it)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1956 Chevy Wagon

I found a rearend. Thanks for the info. The thing I can't find, is the hinge for the back seat. I have the brackets that go on the side to stop the seat from going on back. I thought maybe a piano type hinge would work. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.