Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1959 cadillac 2door. its not bad, but it is not perfect. it is missing the dog house, but the rest is all there. interior is nice. lots of power options. i will get some pix up soon. what is it worth? i know 59 is a hot year.

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Will wait for pics....bet the front end will be hard to find............Could always "Rat Rod" it..........no fenders.............. :D

Kind of like this mess...........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
poncho62 said:
Will wait for pics....bet the front end will be hard to find............Could always "Rat Rod" it..........no fenders.............. :D

Kind of like this mess...........
ha ha, I don't think i've heard the word "mess" to describe a car before, but man you hit the nail on the head.

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
killerformula said:
ha ha, I don't think i've heard the word "mess" to describe a car before, but man you hit the nail on the head.
Hope my buddies on the HAMB don't see my post, they thought that it was the "Bees Knees".........I thought it was just a waste of an el Camino.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Don't know bout a 59 but I bought this 56 for 1200, and sold it on craigs list for 3500, with in 10 minutes of listing it,, never took it off the trailer.. [ and the buyer paid me 75$ to deliver it across town,,] complete, and it would probably run ,, but I didn't try starting it, Would like to do deals like this twice a day,,, :thumbup: NOTE""""""" not sure if it was a Mary Kay car or not"""""""" :mwink:

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is it an El Dorado? That DOES make a difference - at least to the collectors.

Heck, if the body is in good shape, I say do a modern chassis swap and cruise heck out of it. I found a Lumina here locally for $2900 that would be a good donor for the drivetrain, and I'm sure a good chassis donor could be located with a bit of hunting.

Of course if you're interested in making some $$$ then buy it and list the parts on that unnamed auction site - the taillights seem to be pretty popular...

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
59 Caddy front clip is all by itself----no other will work

Dusty, Not really sure if there were any 59 Eldos------I heard Big Fire at the Eldo plant in 58 after ony 388 cars-----in 60 they were not much different than the Coupe DeVille---just all the seams were welded up (fenders and cowl too)

Poncho, whoever did that to a 60 EC needs to shot and hung--60 was the lowest production EC until the 80s 14,000 cars and this may have included the sedan delivery.

I'm gonna have nightmares tonight

Bryan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Bryan59EC said:
Dusty, Not really sure if there were any 59 Eldos------I heard Big Fire at the Eldo plant in 58 after ony 388 cars-----in 60 they were not much different than the Coupe DeVille---just all the seams were welded up (fenders and cowl too)
I haven't found anything about a fire, but there were some '59 El Dorados made:

"Almost overlooked was the redesigned Eldorado Brougham for 1959. Now featuring a square-roofed body built by Pininfarina in Italy, the new Brougham was actually more conservatively styled than other 1959s. Only 99 of the $13,075 cars would be made during 1959, and another 101 would be made during the 1960 model year. And that was that for Brougham production."

Hence my point - if it's an El Dorado - HOLD ONTO IT! The collectors are going nuts about now.....

·
oldsmobile compatible
166 Posts
Can't help with Seville, but might be interesting to know my book here says 1959 Eldorado = 2 295 made, and 59 Eldorado Brougham = a whopping 99 ! (Edit: They made 100, but one fell in the harbour during transport.) I wonder how many are left. Compare with the most popular Series 62 = 70 736 which in itself is rare compared to 59 Impala = 473 000.

Here's a link to a site that has tabs on some of the Broughams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.