Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm 63 yrs old and live near Lake Isabella Ca. I have a Manx bug. I picked up a Sun Super Tach II at the swap meet for $5.00 today. The wires (4) have no color code. Looking help where to hook up wires.

·
life is a ride
1,540 Posts
The red wire is + 12 volts ignition.
Black is ground.
Blue or White is dash lights.
Green wire is tach signal. This is the distributor side of the coil.

For complete instructions GOOGLE it.

vicrod

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Jack Sparks said:
Hi,
I'm 63 yrs old and live near Lake Isabella Ca. I have a Manx bug. I picked up a Sun Super Tach II at the swap meet for $5.00 today. The wires (4) have no color code. Looking help where to hook up wires.
Doc here, :pimp:

Are you saying the wires from the TACH have no colors? If so you'll have to pull the back, and trace them down on the calibration card..

Traditionally, the wires will go, one to a Buss trace on the card that goes to the POSITIVE side of any electrolytic capacitors, This will be your power wire.

Then another to a buss that will go to all grounds (meter included) and is usually the trace that runs around the outside edge of the calibration card..This will be ground.

Then another will go to either a buffer transistor, or the input of a linear op amp, this wire will be the coil - pickup wire..

And the last will go to the back-light direct...

This is of course, if the tach wires are not coded by color.

Doc :pimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.