Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hotrodders.com-ers I'm RETRO.FRESH and I just picked up a '62 falcon deluxe and was hoping to find some answers.
First off, I'd like to swap out engine and tranny. Opinions welcome.
Second, I'm a hound for the the best prices. If it's out there then I need it at my price.
Third, where can I go to find a diamond in the rough? Does anybody know of a junk yard or pick a part in Los Angeles that would carry what I would need?

Thank you all for your time. God bless.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,312 Posts

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Welcome to the site and if you follow Brian's advice, I'm sure your going to get a bunch of responses...not sure about the salvage yard near L.A. though...being that your looking at a car that's now 52 years old...it could be tough...especially in L.A. where real estate is at a premium. There are other wrecking yards across the country that could help I'm sure. I know of several in AZ that I've used with great results...sometimes it's a time thing where you just need to shop around to find that place that has exactly what your looking for.

I remember one of the first times I used a yard in AZ for a part for an old Desoto that a customer wanted done...it turned out that their car was better than mine...bought the whole car and used the one he had as a donor car....LOL

Ray

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Desert Valley Auto Parts is the big one, tho not a pull a part type yard and not in LA. Memory Lane is in Pasadena Ca, and used to be a pick a part type yard with classic cars, but I have herd it is not a good yard, at least was not at their old location

1 - 4 of 4 Posts