Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody i was just wondering a guy at work has a 81 malibu he has built a 406 for it , But the car has a 1965 283 w/ power pack heads on it, He said it's orignal all but orignal intake it's a fresh engine and he ask me what i thought it would be worth but i really don't know, He has a few people wanting to buy it but don't know how to price it, Said the engine came out in a 1965 studebaker, I told him i had some friends that might know, If you can help that would be great and if nobody know its worth thats ok too. Cole

·
More for Less Racer
20,943 Posts
The only thing that would be special about it being from a Studebaker would only matter to someone with a 1965 Stude who wants a correct date code engine. Otherwise it's just a rebuilt 283, and worth whatever a running SBC is worth in your area. It's nothing special parts or performance wise.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
It is worth what someone is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to take. Unless I was present for the rebuild, it is just another core to me so $250 would be all I am willing to fork out and only if I had a need for the motor.

Trees

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guy's i was thinking the same thing you all are . But he thought it was special and ask me to find out so i did. He said the guy that had the motor still had the car but it burned up in a garage fire and the motor was someplace else while he was restoring the stude, Car was total loss. I really do appreciate all of your opinions, I will tell him it's worth whatever he thinks it's worth , Thank you all very much. Cole

·
WOW, I could have had a V8!
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnya
I remember Studebaker using a 289 V8(NOT the same engine as Fords),
but a 283 is a new one on me.

old fords said:
I was thinking the same thing
Towards the end for Studebaker they did indeed use the 283 Chevy small block.
There is a 1965 local to me that I see every so often that is 100 % stock. It has the 283.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.