Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not new to hot rods (Chevys, Caddys, fords mostly) but I am new to MOPAR and I could use some help.

I bought a 1966 Dodge Charger with a 383 automatic. The numbers identify the engine as a 1966. We can't seem to git rid of hydraulic valve train noise. The previous owner installed a Comp cam, lifters and pushrods. While trying to tune the car we heard a noise, removed the intake and discovered an obvious bent pushrod. Pulled the heads and found all the intake valves were parely touching the pistons?????? We found that the installed pushrods were 1/8 - 3/16 longer than a stock set. The valve springs are Comp cam springs. Also, we find that very little oil is making its way to the rocker shaft. Although, the liftrs are being well oiled and when a head is off and we spin the distributer keyway, shots of cil fly out of the oil passages to the head (the oil spurt hits the fender). Any and all ideas are welcome. We're ready to pull the cam, springs, intake valves, lifters and pushrods and replace them with a complete set of stock MOPAR parts. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam

·
NEVER SATISFIED !!
1,947 Posts
Welcome to HR.com. Maybe you should go to the top of this page and tap "forum". Then scroll down to Engine". Then post your question there. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help.

454 RATTLER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts