Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a vin or partial vin stamped on the frame of a 1967 Chevy P30 step van? Having a hard time finding any ID # on this vehicle. Earlier models as I understand it had it on the engine only, but I figure they stopped this years before (would do me no good anyway, as the motor is from 1988). The title has the license plate # on it and the plates on the vehicle match this, but there is no vin plate. I think I read that 1967 was the only year chevy did not stamp a partial vin in the frame, and I have looked in a number of places and so far, no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
A P-30 was a chassis, the bodies were built by various manufactures. Being a bread van, it's probably a Gruman Olson.. It should have a vin plate somewhere, and it almost has to have a chassis stamping as Chevy assigned the Vins, not the body companies.. I would contact Gruman Olson and see. There still around and should have some clue as to where to look

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p30 bread van

I did find a stamping about midships on the chassis. Though not a vin, it possibly tells about the date manufactured. July 23 1967?
3303673 - 182 23-7 18

1 - 3 of 3 Posts