Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
68 camaro connect tranny

this the orginal tranny a 350 but the motor and tranny were out of car. it had a 327 orginally. and i am installing a 396.. but i may have bitten off more than i can chew.. another question,, the cooling lines to the rad cooler. does it make a difference how it hooks up to the rad?? is there any literature or magazines that i can get. i have a 68 motor manual. but it has few details. thanks very much for your help.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
If its the same tranny, the linkage will be the same...

About the cooling lines, some say it matters, some dont...I dont think it matters.

I might be looking at a larger rad for the 396....thet were harder to cool

·
Registered
685 Posts
The bottom line on the transmission,is the to cooler line,top is return,at the trans.

As long as there is not an an inline filter or auxiliary cooler that must flow in one direction only,you should,as poncho62 says,be able to hook the cooler lines up either way.

I am curious why the linkage is confusing you. Did you not have to pull the original set up out? Did you obtain this car with no motor or trans in it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am not too clear on my problems

there was no engine or tranny in the car. there is no linkage included with car or tranny. motor manual shows a little with the gas pedel connected with linkage to carb and also to tranny.who ever pulled engine and tranny ,, they also removed front clip for blasting.and i did not get any off the linkages or wires or hoses. sorry i am not giving enough info and i really appreicate your patience..THANKS. i need a manual!!!

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
My 70 Chevelle had the floor shift (auto) and had a cable to the tranny....There was a little bracket that bolted to a couple of the trans pan bolts for it to fit into. I imagine the Camaros would be the same.

Mine also had a cable for the gas pedal linkage, but if I remember right, the 67s had a linkage.........

About the kickdown linkage...T350 uses the cable, you need a bracket at the carb

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
mel hoytdale said:
there was no engine or tranny in the car. there is no linkage included with car or tranny. motor manual shows a little with the gas pedel connected with linkage to carb and also to tranny.who ever pulled engine and tranny ,, they also removed front clip for blasting.and i did not get any off the linkages or wires or hoses. sorry i am not giving enough info and i really appreicate your patience..THANKS. i need a manual!!!
Check out www.yearone.com on their home page-left side there is a Camaro tab follow it to the first gen. page. They will have assembly manuals and probably the parts you will need to reassemble your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.