Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All: Just getting into this group. I currently have a 1970 Intermeccanica Italia Coupe. I first saw the car when I was 15 in a Sports Car Graphic mag. I bought it this past June and have since spent some time restoring the interior and installing a trunk. I am currently getting ready to do some engine work this winter. It has a Ford 351 C 4v engine and Ford T10 -4spd. Trans with a Hurst Shifter. It is running great and just needs some engine 'clean up."
Here's a photo (attached) I'll post more as things get done.

Have a great day.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site alsantoro. :welcome: Looks like a great project. Could you repost those pics in a larger file size so we can see them better.

Lots of info and opinions here. To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board....just make yourself at home. :welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the interest. How do I post a larger photo? They don't want to seem to be viewed larger?

The car uses a Standard Ford 3:00: 1 w/ Limited Slip. As I said I'll be "cleaning up" the engine compartment this winter. One part I'm looking for is a Ford low rise aluminum intake manifold for the 351C. I believe that it is part no. DIZZ- 9424-DA.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes poncho you are correct. I have one also. Mine is a 69. It has a 302 and an 8" in the rear. I have some rust issues with the frame and some time issues with work that wont allow me to work on it. Then again there is also the money issue. I used to have no money and lots of time, now I seem to have neither of each.

Hey alsantoro if possible could you post a pic of your front suspension setup. I have seen two styles on these cars and curious to see which one yours has.

There are some pics in my album

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Italia Suspension

Hi Propaniac:

I'll take some suspension photos this weekend and get them up next week (Hopefully much larger ones. ) Nice Roadster and good luck with the restoration. Do you know John Fortney over at ItaliaReproductions.com? My car was formerly owned by him.

I have no current plans for a full resto. at this time. The car is running great and and appears to have very little rust at this point. John Fortney is a big proponent of improving the cars and he has a point. He is developing a new rear suspension set up for it that I understand will be available soon.

I have recently obtained new Tie rod ends from Bayless Engineering in CA. Do you have any info. on available Shocks that would fit? I'm also looking for the Cromodora hubcaps, I need two of them. The car originally came with Cromadora's but they needed to be refinished so I took them off and replaced then with the Mag. 500's until I can locate the hubcaps.

To date I have replaced the wheels & tires, re-dyed the original interior, and installed a trunk in the car. The original was removed when John put a
custom fuel cell in. I'm going to do some engine work this winter. I'm not too concerned with keeping it 100% original but I'd like to keep it close. I'll talk to you soon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
To be honest I havent really done much research on the parts so the link will come in very handy. My car had a strut type setup in the front. They were made by billstein and are no longer made. I will be replacing them with some coil overs. I have some qa1's that I have purchased that I think will work. I will be doing some sort of custom IFS on the front. Not sure if I will go with the mustang II type or something from a newer vette. (aluminum a arms would be cool). I have to get the rusty frame sorted out. The left frame rail has the bottom rusted out in places. The right side is OK. My father has another car also. I have the hubcaps but I don't want to part with them. I will ask my dad and see if he might want to let some go. I also will be putting in a fuel cell as the original tank( 1968 camaro tank) is in a bad spot and needs repair.

Time permitting I will be working on the car this coming summer and I will share any info I come across.

Stay in touch

John

After looking at Johns website I think my dad has bought some stuff from him. He bought a windscreen and some emblems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts