Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks, I'm planning to convert my 71 Nova rear drum brakes to disc brakes. I've looked at a number of postings and I'm still a Little lost. What vehicles have the right rear disc components for this swap? I haven't been able to locate an after market rear caliper bracket on the web, just those included in a kit. I plan to take some time to do this and I'll be going to a number of salvage yards. I just don't know what to look for? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks Mac

I forgot to include my rear end type. I have an 8.5 10 bolt stock rear end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1971 Nova rear end rear disc conversion.

onovakind67, Thank you for the fast reply! Just what I've been trying to find!
I'm probably going to spend more buying parts separately but, I just don't have the 599.00 + now. Thanks again.
Mac

·
Registered
99 Posts
cadilac seville 80-81, eldorodo, most front-wheel drive caddys from that era. check the bolt pattern because they could have 5 on 5" or 5 on 4 3/4" bolt pattern. they have " floating" rotors for rear conversions. make sure you get everything from rear of car, calipers,e-brake cables,the works because you will need it. damm near bolt on swap. they are plentiful at the pull a part. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1971 Nova rear end rear disc conversion.

Thanks jimfulco and 55 dude for the replies and great information on my 71 Nova rear disc conversion. This is a great site!
Best of the Holidays to everyone
Mac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.