Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good source for NOS OEM parts or quality used parts for this truck that I am working on. I specifically need a hood, hood hinges, fenders, and tailgate (fleetside). OEM from a dealer pretty much has me in sticker shock. All help appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finding NOS OEM parts at a resonable cost is very difficult. I wouldn't rule out good aftermarket parts. They have fenders and hoods that are "Kappa Certified" (I think thats the spelling). What this means is that they are ussually closer match to the orginals. Don't buy the Twain ones because they don't fight. I see that your from NC. Growing up as as a teenager I always heard these stories that down south they have huge salvage yards full of classics. As I grow older find out, this might be a far fetched tail... As you problem know LMC truck, and Chevy Duty specialize in in trucks. I've ordered from both and been very happy with the quality. Come think about it Chevy duty has NOS OEM body panels.

Mat
82 Chevy 4x4

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
76CHEVC10 said:
I need a good source for NOS OEM parts or quality used parts for this truck that I am working on. I specifically need a hood, hood hinges, fenders, and tailgate (fleetside). OEM from a dealer pretty much has me in sticker shock. All help appreciated.

I have a left fender for a '79. I think it is the same as the '76 if so let me know if you want it. It has very minimal damage. I also have other parts for it but not the ones that you asked about. I bought the truck wrecked, for the engine and tranny. there are a lot of usable parts left.

Al

·
Registered
491 Posts

Get a copy of the latest Hemmings magazine. They have a good section in the parts after the truck section that will provide a lot of different contacts. You may have to get on the phone for some of them. I have used it to find parts for my 66.

Dutch:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks guys!
Al let me get a good hand hold on all things that i "might" need i'll pm you and see if you have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts