Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1977 Camaro. Even when the heater and a/c switch is in the off position, when I turn the key on, I hear the slight hum of the heater fan blowing. What should I check? Thanks in advance.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Yep it's normal, part of the fresh air ventilation system.

Troy

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
In the summer if it annoys you unplug it and cover the lead to power.You do not want to have to change that blower motor .They are a pain,I have never ran into one as bad as a 2nd gen F-body.

·
a red wool sock on his dinger
238 Posts
You've never done a Taurus, have you??

SteveL

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
No I haven't,Iown one now,an SHO.Had a 95 also_On the 2nd gen Camaros the inner fender has to come out,it is a pain.Also an S-10 is a pain to swap a heater core.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
RCastle said:
In the summer if it annoys you unplug it and cover the lead to power.You do not want to have to change that blower motor .They are a pain,I have never ran into one as bad as a 2nd gen F-body.
Don't you just take the bolts out of the inner fender and pry it down far enough to reach the Motor?
We always unplugged the connecter from the blower motor reistor and bent the low speed tab over then plugged it back in. Those systems were a pain in the rear during moderate weather when you didn't need the heater but constantly had to fiddle with the heat control to keep it comfortable.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
i learned something new too. why not move the temp switch over to half way then it wont be too hot for you.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Don't you just take the bolts out of the inner fender and pry it down far enough to reach the Motor?

Maybe you can,I do not because ,if it can happen to someone it will happen to me.I know I would bend the fender and then have to yank it out anyway and straighten it out.I f it was plastic,it would be ok.But I have only seen metal and that **** is thick.

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
hell chevy has been putting the fan behind the wheelwell for yrs. on my 63-4-5-6-7-8 chevy's all i did it & when i had to change it, i cut a hole bigg enuff in the inner wheelwell to get it out. then i made a new panel to screw & sealed back in place....joe

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
That is a pretty good idea.No one would see it and if it was painted to match it will blend right in.Chalk that up as another,"Why did'nt I think of that?".The Malibu is easy as pie,open hood,remove blower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts