Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Just bought a 79 monte with a 267 engine. 1st time I've come across one. here's the dilemma. the car has been sitting in a barn for 12 years. 85,000 miles on a perfect exterior of the car. my question is what is the best procedure before I attempt to get her running. It ran when it when it but hasn't been started in 12 years. love to try and bring her back to life without a major motor job. Thanks guys (and girls), I know you'll steer me in the right direction.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
jhnsffrd said:
Help! Just bought a 79 monte with a 267 engine. 1st time I've come across one. here's the dilemma. the car has been sitting in a barn for 12 years. 85,000 miles on a perfect exterior of the car. my question is what is the best procedure before I attempt to get her running. It ran when it when it but hasn't been started in 12 years. love to try and bring her back to life without a major motor job. Thanks guys (and girls), I know you'll steer me in the right direction.
The 267 was a GM failure and not worth dumping any money in JMHO. But, if you want to get it running, I would change the fuel filter and do a complete oil change. Inspect all the hoses, pull the distributor and prime the oiling system (very important). Check for fire at the plugs and put some gas in it and let it rip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.