Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi out there i have a 1971 460 mark111 in my 1981 F150 lots of oil presure when cold idle hot no presure when you step on the gas engine dies let of gas engine picks up no lifter noise

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
hi out there i have a 1971 460 mark111 in my 1981 F150 lots of oil presure when cold idle hot no presure when you step on the gas engine dies let of gas engine picks up no lifter noise
Sounds like it might be running out of fule under a load JMO are you running a electric pump or mechanical pump ? and just what do you measne by no oil pressure under a load 0 or exaclty how much are you calling none ? could be the picup tube or just not full of oil and when it is under a load it moves away from the pickup tube. JMO

Cole
:pimp:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad oil pressure

Hi cole and thanks what i mean is when i first start cold engine 50lbs oil pressure when engine gets to temperature oil pressure dropes to zero its a 1971 460 LINCOLN MARK111

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.