Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need some help because there's so much misinformation floating around.

I have an 82 K10 pickup with the stock 305 and carb in it. My machinist will begin my 400 sbc's machine work that will end up going in the truck next month. Keep in mind this is a work truck not a performance truck. The issue is that I have a set of 113 heads from an 88 corvette (L98) for it (10.2:1 compression with 5.7 rods and -23cc dish pistons) and I FORGOT that they are aluminum L98 with angle plug heads. Not the cast iron with straight plug. A set of 1 5/8 hedman truck headers were given to me free for sbc but the guy wasn't sure which model the headers were and we don't yet know if they will clear the angle plugs.

Now before anyone starts mentioning ram horns or other kinds of headers or manifolds, I would like to know for sure if the truck's stock 305 manifolds would bolt up to the 113 heads. Once the 406 is swapped and I find out that the headers don't work, I would like to install the 305 manifolds and use the current exhaust to drive the truck to my favorite exhaust shop which is 35 minutes away. They can install the Ram Horns or correct headers for me if it comes down to it. For every person who says yes the 305 manifold will bolt up with no problem there is one saying no it won't. What is the truth?? I don't have the heads with me to try and the 305 manifolds are still on the truck. Thanks for listening.

Sal

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I don't believe you'll get the plug wires on the plugs with angle plug heads and straight plug manifolds. But I agree with John, they will bolt on.

Couldn't you test fit one? Or ask your machinist, I'm sure he'll be able to offer some precise insight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts