Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright bought this car last week. Needed a windshield(done), and some others. Like a carb, exhaust and valve seats. My wife went to move it and at 5 mph she said it was shaking not smooth at all. Also while braking. I am thinking that this it do to the rotors being worped. If you can think of something can you let me know. I am trying to get this to pass inspection in VA. Thanks

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Sounds like you may have a caliper frozen up in the "on" position. Has the car been sitting long?
Mark

·
Super Moderator
18,351 Posts
Also, if the car has been sitting, the rotors will be all rusty causing shuddering while braking. Pull the wheels and have a look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So..... My tires and breaks can be to blame for that?......I don't know how long the car was setting. I am deployeed with the navy and had my wife pick it up as a second car for me. I have been hard at work preparing it and getting ready to work on it while I can. I had to have somebody to replace the windshield. But, I know that it smoke some and plan to have the motor rebuilt and the exhaust is an issue. Does any one know where I could get a conversion kit for the rear brakes. Like to make them disks if I can.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here,

You might want to check the transmission modulator Vacuum line for a broken connection..And the Brake Booster for a bad Check valve..Then if OK, check the booster for hissing, when you step on the brakes..this indicates a blown vacuum diaphragm..

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
LXZ590 said:
Does any one know where I could get a conversion kit for the rear brakes. Like to make them disks if I can.
You could get a whole rear axle from a salvage yard.
That´s one on my wish list for my ´86 Camaro, shipping would be more than the axle´s worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts