Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High everyone, I just recieved this truck as a hand me down it runs fine, but it has been neglected for a few years. I'm going to repaint it and want to do some work on it, Bottom line I want to make this truck to look sweet inside and out. I'm mechanically inclined but have little experience in this area. Just looking for some general advice, on my options, and where the best place is to buy parts... What would you do to this truck? Thank you for your help, I will be sure to post a pic when the transformation is complete.

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
Big Block, stout rear end, all the goodies......just kiddin

what's your budget and what kind of mods are you lookin to do-
the only two limits to hot roddin is money and imagination. Give us a little more info and we can help you better. And yeah pics are a must....inspiration for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If it were mine and with my thin wallet I'd make it cool lookin' for a cheap price. If your lucking into an engine swap I'd get a 350 SBC off a 70's truck, leave it stock and paint it with a few chrome goodies. Since you'r swapping engine already might as well pain the engine compartment. A rattle can of flat black would do the trick for me. Drop the 350 in. Depending on which tranny you can use the stock drive shaft. Next up suspension. I would flip the axel in the back (mount it above the springs) get lowering blocks. Dropped Spindles in the front is a direct bolt on replacement and would give me the stance I needed. Then I would make my own cowl hood using the stock hood and riveting or welding a cowl on it. My next step would be to shave the doors and embles on the truck. I'd paint the whole truck deep fire red. The bed I would rhino line. In the interior I would get a GT steering wheel, a monster tach on the steering column, get a Hurst Shifter, rip the bench seat out and put in Summits fake leather bucket seats, and paint the dash red to match the exterior. Some tweed panels would finish it off nicely. The last thing I'd do is slap on a set of Cragar SS wheels and that would be my idea of a rodded S15. Not to pricey and would look killer.

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
by far the best source for any chevy family truck is stylin concepts in ohio, they have any and everything you need other than talent. in my opinion drop it down on air , shave everything,line the pockets of house of color some more and pick up a truckin mag. take notes, and get busy!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.