Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a 1985 K5 blazer 4x4, it originally had a 305 engine but has recently had a 350 installed. The transmission is out at this time and i am getting conflicting recommendations on which route to take to rebuild. The transmission is a 350 C lockup, and i am being told that this transmission with the lockup converter is extremely weak and that i should change transmissions to a standard 350 since i do fish bass tournamnets and will be towing a bass boat. please help

KY

·
Registered
685 Posts
1985 k5 blazer rebuild

your going to want to keep that 350c in that blazer,it is not weak,and if you lose the lockup converter you will lose gas mileage.I also fish bass tournaments. this is what I would do,mild shift kit,5 clutch direct drum piston [high gear] these pistons are getting hard to find,we have our 4 clutch pistons machined,thickness of 1 fricton clutch and 1 steel clutch.You should install an auxiliary trans cooler,and you might want to run synthetic fluid.A word of caution use a shift kit that does not elimnate the accumulators,good choice is transgo.If you build the trans yourself,and you want specs for drilling the separator plate,orficing the accumulators,reworking the pressure regulator spring,and some other neat tricks let me know,I will be glad to help a fellow fisherman,briscoe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts