Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rinny Dyar built a 1977 Chevy truck in 1987 called "Gold Digger" and he was the first person to ever win the ISCA Grand Championship with a pick up. I remember a feature of it in Truckin magazine in 1987 or '88. I was just out of high school then and it just struck me then. I probably wouldn't think the same about it now but I was young and impressionable.

I often think about these incredible show vehicles from past or present. What ever becomes of them????

I have searched on line and I can't find a picture to post. Does anyone know what happened to the truck? Is it just sitting in a garage collecting dust??????

Where do all these cars go?? Are they destined to be "barn finds" 25 years from now????

·
Registered
1 Posts
This truck has re-surfaced in Allentown,Pa.
It was recently purchased by a friend of mine and was brought to the Wheels of Times street rod show last weekend. It has been re-painted white with blue flames and re named "Nasty Habits". He had to replace much of the hardware on the truck as none of it was hardened. He is planning to keep it a while and will probably re sell it in the near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts