Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:
I'm not a chassis guy but here's my question. I have a 4wd suburban that I would like to change to a 2wd and then lower everything via air bags....What are my choices in achieving this. Have someone weld a new front clip, change the entire frame, or weld on uppers and lowers to the existing frame?
Thanks in advance...
Zack

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Probably be the best to just find a suspension clip and have it welded on in place of the existing..be sure whoever does this knows what he is doing tho..

Sam

·
Registered
384 Posts
Getting rid of the 4WD? Most people go the other way. I've got a '89 GMC K1500 and I think it ouuld take a fair amount of fabrication to get rid of the torsion bars and front part of the drivetrain.

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
save yourself a nightmare and get a 2wd

you wil be doing alot of rive t cutting an modications

shocks mount differently to the frames, and the rad support brackts are different and so on and so forth

you will have to do everything twice, once on both frames, need a complete 2wd donor anyways, so you might as well just swap the bodies, in which would be quicker

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.