Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going through this problem, this now makes the second time that I have had this happen, that when I go to start my truck, it will not roar to life but crank and crank. The engine keeps flooding just from trying to start it, it does this by me not touching the gas pedal :confused:. And I know for sure that it is flooded when I open my throttle body I can see fuel in the intake manifold, along with the fuel that is dripping out my exhaust. This truck has been running quite a few times before and never had this problem till one day when I tried to start it to let it run a little. The last time this happened I pulled the spark plugs and unplugged the coil and cranked the engine to blow out what fuel was left in it, all this with the fuel pump unplugged, aligned the timing, plugged things back in, turned the key and it fired right up. I would really appreciate some help and thanks in advance for any comments. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Most common problem is a faulty CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor). It is located next to the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed

Thanks for the help, I replaced both the coolant temp sensor and the map sensor and now the truck runs great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts