Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Chevy C-1500 that originally had a 4.3 liter V6. When I purchased the truck the motor had been swapped to a GM 290hp crate engine from jegs. I am confused on what clutch I need to replace the one in it? It has the nv3500. I know that the motor is direct replacement for 80's model pickups, so the rear seals are different. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Looking at the hayes supertruck clutch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its 350. They had only offered clutches for the 4.3 liter V6's and the 305's that I can see. I'll keep looking. Was hoping someone had done the swap and knew right off.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
There's no reason to believe the p-o used anything other than the 4.3L clutch, is there? No reason you couldn't use it too, as long as the clutch diameter will fit your flywheel. If the 305 clutch is bigger- again, as long as it fits the flywheel- use it. But I doubt there's any difference.

Be sure to resurface the flywheel, and it's a good idea to replace the pilot bearing while you're at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.