Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys & gals, I have a 1990 ford festiva and I cant get it started. It has spark and fuel but wont start! I changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, ignition module and nothing! ANY IDEAS??????

·
Registered
46 Posts
how much fuel...have checked to see if you have enough fuel pressure its not that common but sometimes a fuel pump will get weak instead of just failing you may be getting enough flow to get a squirt at the schrader valve but not enough to run you should be in the 35-40 psi range with key on engine off, grab a pressure gauge. hope this helps let us know the results

·
Registered
46 Posts
maybe your timing is off??? stretched timing belt slipped a tooth or two? how did it run before it was shut off the last time it ran? if your cam timing is off you can have all the fuel and spark in the world but it wont run. I would still think you'd get a backfire though with the starting fluid how do you know its hot did you use a an in-line spark tester or pull a spark plug, ground it, and turn it over?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it doesnt back fire or nothing but i put a tester on the injector and the light is always on. is it suppose go on and off when turning over??? and i pulled the plug and it was a blue spark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.