Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1993 4.3l tbi and when I unplug that wire for the timing advance my timing still advances. What Autoxray do you have? I was looking to update to read live data on my Chevy but no luck

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I have 1993 4.3l tbi and when I unplug that wire for the timing advance my timing still advances. What Autoxray do you have? I was looking to update to read live data on my Chevy but no luck
You need either a distributor, distributor ear or both. Once the engine is warmed up and you unplug the brown with black tracer wire, your timing should not wander by mre than a degree. Anything more and you have a mechanical component failure. There is a slim chance that I'm wrong as the cam could be walking fore and aft by more than .010" to cause this, but the good money is the gear or dizzy.

·
Administrator
9,986 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders... You posted to an olde thread where members have not logged in for years. I moved your question to a new thread in the Fuel injection forum for some fresh ideas on your problem. 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.