Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Chevy Sub. 1500 4x2
The problem is its stuck in 2nd gear..you can manually Shift it to 1st but if you just put it in D its in second and stays there,it does have rev.
the codes its showing are 1-2 shift silonoid and torque coverter quad driver...
when you drive the truck it stays in 2nd and will not go to 3rd but freespins
if you have any tips I could use them

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Redneck8686 said:
wouldn't think so. it doesn't even try to go to 3rd

What 123 pugsy is saying is if the trans freewheels in 3rd gear.. the 3-4 clutches are not holding power.

What is the history of this trans?

Mileage , age ,original ,recent work before the shift solenoids?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the tranny has been built but not sure when,I was driving it the night before it stuck in 2nd and it was driving and shifting fine,next morning started the truck and it was stuck in 2nd,I replaced the 1-2 and 2-3 shift silonoids and repaired that check ball, I know that the (LIMP MODE) or default gear is 3rd but it is stuck in second and is giving no command for 3rd ( watched shift commands on MODIS Scanner) it will manually shift into frist then to 2nd,
I was reading in the fourm about a guy with a 93 sub. that done the same thing and it was the speed sensor but his ABS light was on,Mine is not..and my speedo is working
Also I backprobed the silonoids and they are supposed to OHM to 20-40 ohms and run with 12v power I also confirmed that and all was ok..NOW I'm COMPLETELY LOST..lol

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Redneck8686 said:
I also put in a new starter switch which i was told in those years had trouble,but same thing after.

I guess by 'starter switch' ....you mean the ignition switch in the steering column?

·
when will it rain???
1,295 Posts
Redneck8686 said:
I think the tranny has been built but not sure when,I was driving it the night before it stuck in 2nd and it was driving and shifting fine,next morning started the truck and it was stuck in 2nd,I replaced the 1-2 and 2-3 shift silonoids and repaired that check ball, I know that the (LIMP MODE) or default gear is 3rd but it is stuck in second and is giving no command for 3rd ( watched shift commands on MODIS Scanner) it will manually shift into frist then to 2nd,
I was reading in the fourm about a guy with a 93 sub. that done the same thing and it was the speed sensor but his ABS light was on,Mine is not..and my speedo is working
Also I backprobed the silonoids and they are supposed to OHM to 20-40 ohms and run with 12v power I also confirmed that and all was ok..NOW I'm COMPLETELY LOST..lol
on a 94 for an s-10, the speedo is in the extension housing of the trans, if its 4x2, (t-case if 4x4) the abs wasnt tied in just yet. what you want to look for is than the speedo working, pull off the connector to the v.s.s.(vehicle speed sensor) in the extension housing and see if its wet inside. if so, the v.s.s. is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.