Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E40d

My son and I are working on his 1994 F150 extended cab truck. The truck became his after his older brother went to the Air Force. He works hard to keep it up and wants to learn as much as I can possibly show him. The trans has gave up on him and he is working on getting another one to replace it. He would like to know if a 1991 E40D will work in his 94 model truck. It looks the same except for the shift lever on the driver side of the trans. His has a shift cable and the van had linkage. Can he mount his shift cable to the lever of the 1991 E40D trans?

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
welcome to Hotrodders

I merged your 2 posts to one thread since the same discussion is used.

Sure , swap out the E4OD trans and linkage from van to truck.

Have fun , good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E40D swap

Thanks! Is there any recommendations on what type of fluid to use on the 91 E40D? We have the shift lever swapped out and its in thr truck. My sone is in a hurry to get to ride his truck and give up the loaner Cavalier. Im not sure what it is about about a 17 yr old driving a Cavalier to school. lol

Also, is there an additive that I can put in the trans to help out?

·
Registered
761 Posts
mhj311 said:
Thanks! Is there any recommendations on what type of fluid to use on the 91 E40D? We have the shift lever swapped out and its in thr truck. My sone is in a hurry to get to ride his truck and give up the loaner Cavalier. Im not sure what it is about about a 17 yr old driving a Cavalier to school. lol

Also, is there an additive that I can put in the trans to help out?
Go look at the school parking lot and think back to when you went to school.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
mmerlinn said:
Go look at the school parking lot and think back to when you went to school.

I broke the front U-joint of my 1968 Chevelle SS-396 in the high school parking lot in 1972 doing a short burn out... drive shaft hit the pavement, stopped the car sorta quickly. I see no problem in a Cavalier.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.