Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy wrecked his 95 lincoln town car, and i was wondering if the air bags on his ride could work on my car a 51 ford victoria. the town car has 2 good rear bags and a good compressor. i wonder if i could make a shut off switch for the compressor to make the car drop, and then turn it on to raise it up. any ideas or help would be appericated thanks alot

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, i own a lincoln mk8, and i have recently gone through a suspencion fix, so i kinda know a bit about the linc suspension. anyways, back to your question... first off, yes it is possible to have a cut off switch built in, buy why not take out the factory one that is in the trunk?...now depending on the weight of the old school vic's it, in theory, should work on any car. Instead of taking the air suspension off the town car and using that...(first off you may have a chance of getting leakey bags, broken solenoids, a bad compressor/dryer, a plethora of things)...you should check out aftermarket co.'s suspension system. I have great faith in ARNOTT INDUSTRIES (go go gadget google) check out their suspension components. i wouldnt recomend putting these on any car that is more than 4200lb, and even that would be a strech. but i think that a direct swap would not be a smart idea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.