Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 1995 Mustang that is having electrical probs. At first the hood light and trunk light did not work. The bulbs were good but no voltage at the plugs.
Then after disconnecting the plug to the hood lamp and reconnecting it we lost the dash clock, dome light and speedometer and stereo. Checked the fuse box inside but they are not identified. So I pulled all of them and they all were good.

Checked in the engine compartment and the fuses in the box in there had a 30 amp fuse blown. Changed the fuse and no luck still had no lights. I am not sure what is going on. Any ideas? Does anyone know where to go online to find a description that goes for the fuses?

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
Fuse #8 under the dash operates the main light switch, clock, cluster, radio, right and left door switches for the dome lite, power mirror switch, engine comp lamp, truck lamp, illuminated entry module, dome/map lamp, vanity mirror lamps, and glove comp lamp. I dont know where you can find this info on line, I just happen to have a 95 mustang and the EVTM (electrical book). Sometimes they show up on ebay, or you may be able to get one on CD from alldata or some other web supplier. The feed wire going into fuse 8 is black/orange, the output is light green/yellow to all those circuits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did the fuse blow out again?

if so you might want to check the wires leading to the hood/trunk bulbs and see if you have a short to ground somewhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts