Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a 96 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z71 1500 with 4L60E Transmission, started to have problems and decided to do a overhaul, got all new clutches and plates and had to buy a new forward clutch assy do to some damage. The transmission is done and on the vehicle but runs more crappie than before it did not want to go on first or reverse at the beginning so I added more fluids, well it goes in all gears now but it is overheating and it feel like is in 4X4 or if I was towing a trailer, it is also spilling fluid from the vent line or it was I haven’t seen it drip any more, at first I was thinking I had air in the lines sense I had flush the system , but I been running the vehicle for about 3 hours and it seems to be getting worse the more I drive it, Anybody that has an idea or suggestions is welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
first step try double checking the fluid.blowing fluid out of the vent can be caused by overfilling or a clogged filter or overheating.on another note did you flush the cooler before the trans went back in,on a 4l60-e the transmission is electronically controlled and debree from when the trans went bad could easily stick valves or solenoids.

try better description is it slipping,or feel like its binding.is it shifting normal and does it have any check engine lights on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.