Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a ‘97 Bentley Azure. Going to modify it a little;). First off brake system. Mineral oil system, pumps run by the engine cam that feed mineral oil into accumulators that use nitrogen to pressurize brake lines. I suppose it could work but I’m thinking of putting a modern proven system in that doesn’t leak green oil all over the driveway.
If anyone is familiar with changing out this system I’d love some pointers.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I know only what cheap Bentley owners have told me.. The brake system is also part of the hydraulic suspension system and it was used/ done that way from the 60's or so.. It does work, but it's an old Bentley. Bentley had various reasons for what they did and few of them make sense in relation to a 'normal' car. But it is what it is, and you would be better off repairing what is there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to hear that but you’re probably right. Thinking I can change the brake system and the suspension. Stuck on what to do with the hydraulics for the convertible top.
Might end up with a pile of parts but I might try anyway.

·
Registered
726 Posts
A Bentley is not a "normal" car. It is what it is, like Matt said, it is kind of a "love it or leave it" kind of car. You cannot modify it "a little", and hope to keep the factory fit and finish, or ride quality, or performance, or even more important, the feel of what a Bentley is... Enjoy its quirkiness and, if you can afford it, take to a specialized shop for everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts