Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 kia sephia, and the pump isnt making any noise, and the car wont start unless we spray starting fluid in it, and it only runs til the fluid is gone. and i stripped the screws getting the old pump out, so i will have to drill them, but the other fuel pump, i plugged it all up, but it wasnt down in the tank, it was just lying out, and it didnt make any noise or anything either does anyone have any information that will help me?? I have checked all the fuses and everything, it is all fine.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Be VERY careful!

You drill into that tank with fuel or fumes in it and you just might blow yourself up. I think the pump must be grounded.in order to work...maybe by those screws you stripped out..You did CK the fuel pump fuse..right? Or better yet..turn on the ignition and CK the fuel pump power plug for power/12V at the connection?

Tazz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try checkin the relay. Usually under the hood. Don't overlook the simple stuff yet. Try fuses, relay,and just like he said check for power at the plug for the pump. Even check for a ground. Is there a fue; pump cutoff switch for accidents? Just check alot first before goin any further.

·
Banned
16 Posts
jordan2011 said:
I have a 1998***** sephia, and the pump isnt making any noise, and the car wont start unless we spray starting fluid in it, and it only runs til the fluid is gone. and i stripped the screws getting the old pump out, so i will have to drill them, but the other fuel pump, i plugged it all up, but it wasnt down in the tank, it was just lying out, and it didnt make any noise or anything either does anyone have any information that will help me?? I have checked all the fuses and everything, it is all fine.
Hi there, i think i am on the same boat. I have experience this last week, i just noticed the pump is on quite mode. I have searched for almost 2days for the solutions but i didn't found any good advice. Have you already resolved this one? I hope you can give me some tips for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.