Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I'm building a 55 Chevy HT and recently found a pair of 1998 Mark VIII power seats for it. But I'm having difficulties in getting the seats to operate.
Only need the basic front/rear, up/down controls for the seat - no need for the memory stuff.

What I've found so far.... Under the driver’s seat are two sets of connectors, one white (12 pin connector) and one black (14 pin connector); under the passenger’s seat is one white 12 pin connector.
The white connectors have 11 pins connected. Nine of the wires in this connector are about 16 gauge except for a Red wire and a Black wire, each are about 12 gauge wire and I assumed are Hot and Ground.
When I connect 12V to the Red and ground to the Black - the only switch that works is for the lumbar motor.

Has anyone ever installed 1998 (they may be different for various years) Mark VIII seats in a hotrod?
Can you tell me what is needed to get them to operate?
Anyone know of a source for a wiring diagram?

Recently someone mentioned that these seats use a memory module and that it may be located in the drivers door? Does anyone know if this memory module can be bypassed - putting power directly to the switches?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the same seats.

I went to the dealer and got the schematics.

Mine are wired to operate the movement and lumbar I did not wire the memory in (did not try).

Give me a fax # or an address to send copies to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts