Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the location of the Electronic Variable Orifice Sensor on my 1999 Tahoe 4x4. Some folks said they can buy this from Auto part stores....not here in Kokomo, Indiana. Dealer only.
Not positive that is the problem, but, from others description, sounds like it to me. Any info would help Thanks, Sky:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Restore60's

Sure appreciate that.....been finding that I may be doing more work than I thought on the ol' girl now that she's over the 100,000 mile mark.......but I still love her........Thanks much, Sky

·
Registered
290 Posts
99 Tahoe

We have a 99 Tahoe 4x4 also just a little over 100,000 on it. Have not done the steering sensor yet. Only problem was the normal 5.7 liter leaking intake gaskets. We have run Mobil 1 synthetic oil in it since new so I figure it's got about another 150,000 left.
Why was you replacing your sensor anyway? Front end start feeling like it was on ice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had an emergency call from the wife

the little lady called me while she was on her way to work and she told me the strange way the steering was acting and I carefully weeded out the real stuff from the hysteria and felt like it might be the sensor based on what I had read. I drove it for about 100 miles back and forth to the gun show today and it felt fine but I guess that it can be intermittent? Is that what you have heard too?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Steering Sensor

Most of the ones we had to replace the steering would start acting like the front end was on ice. It's a good idea with the milage to change it out anyway but I would check the front end components just to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.