Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited/took over a project recently (70 model short bed truck). It came with a lot of extras. I have painted several trucks over the years but always with single stage, either acrylic enamel or the acrylic urethane types. This truck came with most of the paint products. I get the idea of not mixing products/brands but I think I can use one brand on top of another. After stripping the truck was in epoxy primer, The inside of the cab was sprayed in a 2K primer from Summit and then with a Summit primer sealer. He sprayed a Nason brand basecoat and then used the Sherwin Wiliams FC-720 on top. He is an amateur (like me) but the inside of the cab looks pretty good. He has enough of the Summit primer sealer, the Nason basecoat and the Sherwin-Williams clear to do the rest of the truck.

It has been on there for a couple-three months and hasn't popped or bubbled or peeled. I suppose chemically it is OK.

Are there any problems with going forward with his plan?. It is a daily driver/weekend cruiser, and not a real show type truck.

Thanks for the input.

S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am assuming that is what he did. I am hoping I can get it home this week sometime. I can go from there.

I saw it in person a few weeks ago but at the time it was not for sale so I did not exactly comb it over.

Pretty much trying to get a ballpark cash wise of how far it is from completion. I was hoping that I could use some of the stuff he already bought.

S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts