Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share with you guys. I used the master kit from Oregan Performance Transmission (very complete and nicely packaged), and the cheapy B&M shift kit (SS). Finished up the install friday and so far so good.

I plan to play with the modulator valve a little bit but other than that I'm pleased with the performance so far.

·
Newskool
246 Posts
I just blew a th350 and bought a cheap stage 3 I found and slapped that into the car. Now I'm left with my old th350 and thinking of rebuilding it to a B&M stage 2.

How much did your rebuild kit cost you? Did it take a long time to do?

Its nice to hear that a bunch of people are having lots of success.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the kit was about $100 of e bay with shipping. The kit includes new borg warner frictions and steels, a raybestos band and new modulator plus all the soft parts and bushings. I bought a bushing driver set that only went up to an 1 3/8 and used an old slip yoke for the back of the case and then wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around it for a couple other bushings. I borrowed the slide hammers and the spring compressors from a guy at work.

It took me about 4 days to do the whole job, cleaning mostly and I used the book by Ron Sessions as a guide.

My initial end-play reading was .070 so I used a couple of shims in the front to bring it down to .024" I had to buy those from the local tranny shop.

good luck if you decide to do it your selves I've got a couple more I'd like to go through some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.