Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’m a avid hot roder I raced 1/8 mile paved circle track. Drag raced. Mud racing. I’ve recently got back into 1/8 mile bracket racing. With a
Automotive tire Gesture Gas Font Terrestrial animal
Automotive tire Gesture Gas Font Terrestrial animal
Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Electric blue Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part

91 s10. An no I didn’t build a big v8. I wanted something different and I’ve built 4 cylinder engines before so I went with the stock 2.5 151 engine. It’s 10:25 compression. 490 lift custom roller cam bbc 1.80 roller rockers a custom intake I made running a Holley 600. And a modified jeep 2.5 header. It runs 10.50s at 65 mph. I’m happy to be here and wish everyone a great day and Mary Xmas.

·
Registered
1979 Chevrolet Malibu 496-TH400-9" (cruiser). 1992 Chevrolet S10 355-700r4-7.625" (daily driver).
252 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great job on the truck! That 2.5 is pretty snappy. My daily driver is a white '92. Those pictures are like seeing a place that I know well on TV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome aboard! Great job on the truck! That 2.5 is pretty snappy. My daily driver is a white '92. Those pictures are like seeing a place that I know well on TV.
Thank you very much nice to be here. That’s at Greer Dragway in Greer sc I me and my brother also go to shady slide dragway in bowling springs Nc. It been on a few tv shows and they hold no pre and small tire compilations. My brother has old school bug that runs in the 9s in a 1/8 mile. I guess u can tell I’ve spent all my money on motor and transmission LOL. I do hope to start on the body next summer. Is yours a 2.5 ?

·
Registered
1979 Chevrolet Malibu 496-TH400-9" (cruiser). 1992 Chevrolet S10 355-700r4-7.625" (daily driver).
252 Posts
Thank you very much nice to be here. That’s at Greer Dragway in Greer sc I me and my brother also go to shady slide dragway in bowling springs Nc. It been on a few tv shows and they hold no pre and small tire compilations. My brother has old school bug that runs in the 9s in a 1/8 mile. I guess u can tell I’ve spent all my money on motor and transmission LOL. I do hope to start on the body next summer. Is yours a 2.5 ?
This is an incredibly small world. I live 5 miles away from Greer Dragway! I'm in the Riverside area. This is crazy!

My '92 has a 355 with Vortec heads, ramjet cam, 4 barrel. It's pretty basic and I have never been on the track with it. It's not pretty by any means, but I've surprised a few people pulling away from traffic lights. I don't beat on it very often and I drive like little old lady.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is an incredibly small world. I live 5 miles away from Greer Dragway! I'm in the Riverside area. This is crazy!

My '92 has a 355 with Vortec heads, ramjet cam, 4 barrel. It's pretty basic and I have never been on the track with it. It's not pretty by any means, but I've surprised a few people pulling away from traffic lights. I don't beat on it very often and I drive like little old lady.
Oh wow man it is a small world huh that’s so cool. I should bring it to the track it’s a lot of fun. When I raced circle track I had 76 Chevy luv that I built the 1.8 in a lot like this motor. An I crashed my race car I put the motor in the luv it ran low low 8s high 7s in 8th u should bring it man in foot brake they have a lot of big money races as much as 10,000 to win and it bracket racing I would like to meet up with you there next year or shady side. They run all year round

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh wow man it is a small world huh that’s so cool. I should bring it to the track it’s a lot of fun. When I raced circle track I had 76 Chevy luv that I built the 1.8 in a lot like this motor. An I crashed my race car I put the motor in the luv it ran low low 8s high 7s in 8th u should bring it man in foot brake they have a lot of big money races as much as 10,000 to win and it bracket racing I would like to meet up with you there next year or shady side. They run all year round
No doubt. When things get rolling at Greer Dragway, I will hit you up to meet you over there! I've always been curious to see what my old truck would run. I did the swap in 2009, I think, and it has quite a few miles on it.

I'm always astonished with the performance folks are getting out of small engines. I'm a transplant in this area. I grew up in western New York and spent time riding snowmobiles. Those small engines scream!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jazzie,do you know frank loney?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
More for Less Racer
20,947 Posts
So, that's about 16.5's in the 1/4 mile? That's not bad for a 4cyl just starting off. The s-10 probably weighs----2800lbs?

i'm into smaller engines myself.
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's an 1/8th mile time and MPH.

Standard NHRA correction factor shows it would do 16.50 in the 1/4 mile.
Would need to be capable of 6.60 in the 1/8th to manage a 10.50 1/4 mile at that weight.

2.5L and 2800 lbs would need a large turbo or a lot of nitrous to go 10.50 in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's an 1/8th mile time and MPH.

Standard NHRA correction factor shows it would do 16.50 in the 1/4 mile.
Would need to be capable of 6.60 in the 1/8th to manage a 10.50 1/4 mile at that weight.

2.5L and 2800 lbs would need a large turbo or a lot of nitrous to go 10.50 in the 1/4 mile.
I’m pretty sure I said 1/8. An that it’s bracket racing if I didn’t I apologize

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No doubt. When things get rolling at Greer Dragway, I will hit you up to meet you over there! I've always been curious to see what my old truck would run. I did the swap in 2009, I think, and it has quite a few miles on it.

I'm always astonished with the performance folks are getting out of small engines. I'm a transplant in this area. I grew up in western New York and spent time riding snowmobiles. Those small engines scream!
Yes I know I’ve always had v8s and wanted to be different everyone at Greer loved it. I would post a couple of videos and pictures but I’m not good at it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes I know I’ve always had v8s and wanted to be different everyone at Greer loved it. I would post a couple of videos and pictures but I’m not good at it
I understand the picture/video thing. I still use a flip phone without an internet plan. I don't have an easy way to post pictures or the experience of doing so.

Wanting to be different is why my G-body has an aero scoop instead of a cowl hood. I can completely relate to wanting something apart from the masses.

You did great work on your truck! The fabricating you did really keeps in touch with what hot rodding is all about. I'm looking forward to hearing it run in the spring!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I understand the picture/video thing. I still use a flip phone without an internet plan. I don't have an easy way to post pictures or the experience of doing so.

Wanting to be different is why my G-body has an aero scoop instead of a cowl hood. I can completely relate to wanting something apart from the masses.

You did great work on your truck! The fabricating you did really keeps in touch with what hot rodding is all about. I'm looking forward to hearing it run in the spring!
Agree with you there malibu,i hate cowl hoods

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts