Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dusty mayhem
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have done a search on this topic and have not really found an answer. Question: Is the internal wire harness (on the valve body) in a 200 4R made of special wire to stand up to the oil and heat? I have a 200 4r that is rebuilt but I noticed that the harness is slightly crushed (pan was dented into it). Is there special wire that gets used for this application? Thanks.

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,745 Posts
40 grey said:
Hey all, I have done a search on this topic and have not really found an answer. Question: Is the internal wire harness (on the valve body) in a 200 4R made of special wire to stand up to the oil and heat? I have a 200 4r that is rebuilt but I noticed that the harness is slightly crushed (pan was dented into it). Is there special wire that gets used for this application? Thanks.
Dunno, but one thing to keep in mind is that there are numerous different harnesses for this transmission depending on year, make and model if you go hunting for a replacement. For patching your existing harness, I'd get some scrap auto wiring from a junkyard before buying any wire from a parts house (junk!)...

Russ

·
Registered
761 Posts
S10xGN said:
Dunno, but one thing to keep in mind is that there are numerous different harnesses for this transmission depending on year, make and model if you go hunting for a replacement. For patching your existing harness, I'd get some scrap auto wiring from a junkyard before buying any wire from a parts house (junk!)...

Russ
I only know of two different wire looms for the 200-4R, a 1-wire and a 2-wire.

Maybe you are thinking of the 700-R4 which has about 20 different wire looms identified by the 4 digit number on the colored plastic spool for the solenoid wires..

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,745 Posts
mmerlinn said:
I only know of two different wire looms for the 200-4R, a 1-wire and a 2-wire.

Maybe you are thinking of the 700-R4 which has about 20 different wire looms identified by the 4 digit number on the colored plastic spool for the solenoid wires..
The back few pages of the ATSG manual show way more than two... All have TCC wiring, some had 3rd gear solenoids, some had 4th gear solenoids, some had both, some were in different places, etc.

Russ

·
Dusty mayhem
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I dont need to replace the whole harness necessarily, but may just solder in new wires. I guess I will use good GXL or equivalent wire.

·
Registered
761 Posts
S10xGN said:
The back few pages of the ATSG manual show way more than two... All have TCC wiring, some had 3rd gear solenoids, some had 4th gear solenoids, some had both, some were in different places, etc.

Russ
I guess I will pay more attention when I dig into 200-4Rs in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.