Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LOLLERS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to lock up the converter with out rewiring inside the transmission?

I just got done putting a 200-4r in my '50 chevy sedan. It replaced a shot th350, which made it really easy.
The 200r4 is out of a 1985 cadi, code A-A IIRC.

I've found all the information for the vac switch, brake light switch and manual switch, but they are pritty vauge, for a 700, or show how to rewire the trans.

If someone knows the connector pin letters for hot and ground, that's about all I think I need

Sorry if this has been discussed, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks
Thom

·
Ask me about Ethanol
155 Posts
Thommyknocker said:
Than you.

But does the second picture (internal wiring) show modifications required, or how they are actually wired?

Itst how its actually wired. All you really need is the 12v source to the pin for lock up. Dont forget to unlock it before you stop at a light.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would suggest you drop the pan and see how it is internally wired. The tCC soleniod coud be a 1 wire ot 2 wire and will dictate which way it will be wired.
Willys36 wiring diagram is a good one and is using the double normally open pin switch. The stock 2004r uses a single pin normally open self grounding. You can run off the brake switch if you put a relay in running through the normally closed contacts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.