Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the wiring diagrams for a 2000 ford focus. it has a ztec motor if that makes any difference. Here is my problem the heater motor windshield wipers and headlights/foglights have no power to them. its not a fuse are they run off of one relay or something? They just quit all of a sudden and this has me stumped

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
check the dome light fuse/ cigar lighter fuse. they may be the culprit. also, are any idiot lights on? many idiot lights gain there second source of power from other places. they have 2 sides of power, 1 running to each side of the LED, when 1 goes out, power can flow, and the LED lights up, 1 source is taken from what the light is for, the other, is taken from another circut.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wiggle the multi-function switch around and see if anything starts to work. (The M F switch is at the end of the turn signal stalk) Do you have brake lights and or turn signals?

Steve

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc Here, :pimp:

Check the MAXI FUSE in the engine compartment (probably Located in the relay center) For an open condition. Sounds like the main power fuse (link or maxi) has opened for that circuit.

The headlights are wired "Hot At ALL Times" via a MAXI Fuse, and the other circuits are probably parasitic circuits on that MAXI FUSE.

Doc :pimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts