Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 chevys and a ford
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windstar just began reading a 01516 & p1518 code. I couldn't find
any info in my books on those codes. After poking around on the internet,
I gather they are related to the imrc system. How can I test the system?
It doesn't seem to be reacting properly. IT will return to the closed position
( when the van is cranked ) if I physically open it, but it does not seem to open under any other conditions.. Is the system completely under the control of
the comp? What next??
Thanks Ford guys!

·
4 chevys and a ford
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no vacuum hose, and I replaced the plastic grommets when I rebuilt the intake several months ago. If I manually open the the valve, it closes when the van cranks, but does not open after 3000rpm.

I called Ford for the info on p1516 & p1518, they would not share that info.
go figure.

Thanks again carsavvycook (still working on my chevy van from my other post- work schedual been tight, not enough hours in the day!)

·
4 chevys and a ford
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do get detailed schematics?
My chiltons conveniently leaves out the imrc system.
the connector looks like two hots and two grounds.
I'll try some trouble w/ my multi gauge.
I don't want to blindly replace the motor, seeing that the part is $230 from ford.

Thanks again
Brian

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
briansansone said:
Where do get detailed schematics?
My chiltons conveniently leaves out the imrc system.
the connector looks like two hots and two grounds.
I'll try some trouble w/ my multi gauge.
I don't want to blindly replace the motor, seeing that the part is $230 from ford.

Thanks again
Brian
I get some pretty detailed information from my scan, and diagnostic equipment. My vantage did not give me any information for your imrc though.

My scan equipment would have to hooked up to a 'same' vehicle, with the same problem, to get any diagnostic information from it.

IIRC the Imrc should have a key on power source, a 5 volt reference, and a return reference, and a ground wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.