Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous info from members here stated that I can install a 200R4 and just run 12v to the "A" terminal to get the lock-up feature to work. That's the way I've wired my '72 project (with an inline rocker switch).

Yesterday, I was reading some material which said to also loop wire the other two connectors together (one terminal in the plug isn't used).

Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
576 Posts
200 4r

you need 12 volt positive terminal a
and the one directly behind a is d needs to be ground can be to pan or toggle switch,

B C
A D

This will be the plug as it sits in the case
front of car, there are a few options

·
Registered
685 Posts
2004r

Hey airworld2,we use a low vacuum switch in series with [A] wire,so that when you tip into throttle vacuum change creates open in circut and unlocks converter.Have you used this setup? Or do you use another system.If so I welcome your input,as we do a lot of 3 speed- overdrive conversions at my shop.Thanks in advance,Briscoe.

·
Registered
576 Posts
200 r4

the easy as low cost way is to wire a to hot and ground solenoid to n/o forth gear switch, you only need lock up in forth . 700 can be the same or other combination

·
Registered
685 Posts
2004r

Thanks for input airworld2.I'm curious,do you get many requests at your shop for 3spd to overdrive conversions? Briscoe

·
Global Moderator
9,736 Posts
you can patch into the gov feed circuit and use the ol gov pressure switch off a t-350C unit..... requires some drilling and tapping to hook into the gov circuit on some/most 200-4r

remember how in the early days the diesel cars with a t-350C would lockup the converter at like 35 mph and the diesel motor would do some chugging? Car owner would be sure something was wrong.

ah the good old days..... :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
2004r

You know Crosley,an optimist would consider these the good old days,however I sure miss those 350s,400s c-4s etc.I use to build 3 a day,almost every day,never thought it would end .Now back to the thread.Have used those methods as well to obtain ,or delay lockup,in fact I have a booklet somewhere which gives instructions for lockup on a lot of different trans,will see if I can find and post that info.

·
Global Moderator
9,736 Posts
briscoe said:
You know Crosley,an optimist would consider these the good old days,however I sure miss those 350s,400s c-4s etc.I use to build 3 a day,almost every day,never thought it would end .Now back to the thread.Have used those methods as well to obtain ,or delay lockup,in fact I have a booklet somewhere which gives instructions for lockup on a lot of different trans,will see if I can find and post that info.
I still work with those trannys.......

for some reason we are trying to make a power glide live behind 1500 to 1800 hp in monster trucks nowadayz

:thumbup:

I am an optimist ; I am positive something will go very wrong......... daily

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts