Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Grease Monkey Wanabe
95 Posts
The car is an homage to the 69 Camaro. Personally I'd rather they just remake the 69 body with current tech engine/drivetrain but I still think it looks nice. Much better that the new Mustangs that EVERYBODY AND THEIR SISTER has.

·
Grease Monkey Wanabe
95 Posts
That's really the problem with the Mustang. It's not that it isn't a sweet ride, it's that it is the only game in town and as such everyone has one. (I don't want to hear about the new GTO :nono: ) Seriously, you can't drive 5 miles without seeing one. I personally live in a rual area and I see more of them than F150s.

I welcome the new Camaro and Challenger, we will finally have a choice.

·
go fast, turn left!
267 Posts
You won't actually have much choice, the cars don't compare well, the challenger will be limited production so unless you are really tight with the right dealer you will wait a long time, plus there will be a premium on the sticker. The camaro (which I want) will be at least 5 grand more than the stang and I'm sure chevy will make it undesirable at a base level as they did for years (the reason the camaro went down in the first place) Ford knows the right formula, make it fun and affordable.

I really like the concept other than the hideous taillights. I am starting to come to terms with the grille although they could have done better there. I saw a drawing of a prototype RS with hidden headlights somewhere that gave me hope. Since I love the 69 I would have trouble shelling out 30-40 g on a car which will depreciate like crazy when I can buy my dream 69 for less. People are going to pay a lot for modern conveniences.

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
I like it. It's actually supposed to be released as a 2008.5 model. Ford actually has a 400hp mustang that is supposed to hit dealers at the same time to compete.

I love it in red or black. Silver is ugly. I like the grill & tailights, it's the wheels I can't stand. I have a incredible distaste for huge wheels. If they were 16in I would be happy. I also don't like the low profile roof, but that's due to the gov't crash mandates(high sides).

This site has a lot of pictures from the transformers movie set. This is most likely closer to what will be the production model. http://michiganclassics.com/TransformersCamaro/

I will be shopping for a black or red one around 2010-2011!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.