Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Detroit's Auto Rama. Looking at the Great 8 contenders for the Riddler. Don't get me wrong, they were all superior cars, but didn't really think any of the cars this year had the pizazz to be a Riddler winner. Anyone else at Auto Rama?

·
Semper Gumby
389 Posts
I wasn't there but I saw the coverage on another site. That '38 Sharknose Graham took my breath away! Not having seen it (or the other 7) in person, I'm only relying on what I saw on the net, but that one would get my vote!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Here they are!

As far as lacking personality, that is the trend today! Car shows tend to look more like used car lots.... with mags!

The mechanical details... and MAYBE bodywork... will have to be something interesting.

I have been a fan since '58, but... as compared to the last 50 years in the hobby... "individuality"is in very short supply! {:-(

See the cars here!

2016 Detroit Autorama Great 8 Images Leaked - OnAllCylinders

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,396 Posts
My favorite hands down is the Impala!:thumbup:

Brian

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like the '41, Impala and Graham.

The body work on at least two of them is stunning. I don't know what's been done to the Graham.

My problem is that the artsy paint is what drew me in back in the late fifties. Today they lack that part of the hot rod custom formula! ...at least for me. You can go to a dealership and see candies now. At least that Impala has two colors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts