Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newly rebuilt Chevy V6 installed in my `46 Willys Pickup. I do not know what year Chevy it came from and thus I do not have tuning specs. Currently the lifters do not pump up completely and it misses. It has and HEI distributor (set in the back of the block), I have replaced the cap, Rotor and wires still misses. Any thoughts on these two issues. The greatest issue is how should the valves be set and what is the correct timing - to resolve this issue can any one provide information how to positively ID this engines year and possibly the vehicle it came from I would greatly appreciate any information anyone could provide.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Ouimet
Red Oak, Texas

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
The miss is probably from the lifters being out of adjustment. These adjust the same as any early Chevy v-8.

I don't think mortec has ID nos. for six cyl blocks. But, if you can find a machine shop in Texas that is a member of AERA (Auto Engine Rebuilders Assc.) or has one of their engine casting books. The block and head castings will be listed and the years of manufacture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts