Hot Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought my first car (62 Impala 4dr with a 283). I got it to run on 7 cylinders but I just cant think what might be wrong. It started on about 5 cylinders and picked up 2 more when I ran it wide open. It has a new carb, fuel pump, and distributor cap. The only things I have found so far is the carb is not tuned and is missing one mounting bolt, and the fuel line is kinked. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spark plug wires are new and I pulled out one of them and they looked fairly new. It had a stong spark so I am going to check the rest of them. Also, could someone tell me if the cylinder numbering is the same as most chevy engines?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Replace the plug in the bad cylinder. Or you can try moving it around and see if the miss moves as well. Try the same with the plug wires. The cheap wires are easily ruined. If the miss is still in the same place after this I would suspect a bad valve. It wouldn't hurt to fix the missing bolt and kink in the fuel line.

·
Registered
159 Posts
check the compression ,, blown head gasket between cylinders or valves ,, ?? any choofing noise out exuast at idle ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.