1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
I have a 327 with 3 deuces.
I run on the center carb, the front and back kick in when "needed" :D
On the center carb there are 2 screw needle adjustments...What is the best way to make sure that these are set correctly?
Thanks for the help.

·
Cobra Pilot
62 Posts
I ran a 283 with 2 Carter 4bbls, and found that by using a vacuum gauge I could get the best tuning results. Just find a vacuum port on the carb, or intake manifold, and slowly adjust to you get the highest reading, take time to let the engine stabilize between adjustments.
Everett.

·
ASE Certified Master Machinist
1967 Chevrolet Biscayne 10-71 blown 433 Big Block Chevy, T400 & 12 bolt 3.73 rearend
334 Posts
Exactly what Everett said. Just make sure to use a full time vacuum source and make sure the engine is at operating temperature.

Barry

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have three 94 3 bolt hollies on an offenhauser intake on a 241 dodge hemi using a progressive linkage system, middle carb for cruising then the front & back carb come in when using more throttle, :cool: i have been told to take out the power valves on the front & back carb to avoid the bog down when flat out? :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.