Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
must have done a LOT of setting...

out in the weather or in a wet garage. The ones I have on my drivers arn't that bad??? Try some carb cleaner and a brass brush to clean it up. Maybe a brass dremel wheel?? Could be very pretty!!! Looks chromed!!

Tazz

Rat Rdos Rule!!

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well here's the contention. I've put the thing on ebay and its getting mad bids. I checked out the rules and I can still cancel other people's bids up till the last minute, and end it if theres 12 hours left. I've told my bidders that its a 300 mile carb. SO what should I do? If I clean it up and it looks ok and the pump shoots fine, should I just trust this guy? If it does come back at me I do have this guy's emails contending that it is in fact a 300 mile carb (he even said 3 hundred, like that so there's no, oh I meant to type another zero or two).

Contemplating...

K

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would clean it with some professional carb cleaner, not just cheap spray. I have seen carbs look grungier than that in a years time just from being in a dirty engine environment. I also would be upfront with prospective buyers just to save hassle with someone who expects a brand new carb for next to nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
um, er, that's not me!

Maybe I should take it down and re-list it? I've emailed the guy with my concern. Honestly, if he tells me its honest to god 300 miles, I'll sell it as a 300 mile carb. If anything bad goes down I can always reference this guys emails especially the one where I had concern and he (as of yet hasn't but I'm sure he will) relieved my concerns.

I cleaned it up with some soapy water and tested the pump with some gas. It actually does pump very nicely...

You know I only have about 300 miles on my car and the lower return line to the trans was leaking slightly off the rado. My fuel pump looks like its got a million miles on it (gotta knock the grease off of it from the leak, collected road dirt). IF he has a leaky motor, it could very well just be some carb that was sitting around for a while in some guy's dyno shop (probably had the damned thing forever doing dyno pulls on it) and sold it to joe blow.

K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts