Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
You could easily start a fight with that one! This is the age old Ford/Chevy argument but just as Ford is so much better than Chevy :D the Victor is a lot better than Harris.

All joking aside Victor is the most popular torch sold and the one that is copied by the cheap China rip-off outfits, there is a good reason for that. I have Victor torches that are over 40 years old and for nearly that many years I worked in mining repair where Victor accounted for better than 90% of torch equipment used. Victor parts and accessories, tips, etc, are available just about anywhere and most farm supply or auto parts stores will have tips available for Victor (probably not Victor brand though). Harris makes good gauges but IMO the torches are only fair and harder to find parts for, the Victor 315 is about the most versatile torch outfit you can buy and probably the most popular sold in America. With the 315 outfit you can switch from cutting to welding/brazing to a heating tip or several other attachments offered by Victor in just a matter of seconds. With the cutting head you can switch from cutting sheet metal less than 1/8" thick to 6" thick with just a tip change and gas setting adjustment.

This is just my opinion and others may differ but I am basing this on many years of use during which Victor has served me well, very well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.